What is the future role for the Government of Canada in rural infrastructure? The Canadian Rural Revitalization Foundation, the Rural Development at Brandon University, and the Rural Policy Learning Commons prepared a submission to the Senate Committee on National Finance. The Senate Committee has been studying the design and delivery of the government’s infrastructure commitment, and has asked for comments to address the effects of future infrastructure investments on rural development in Canada.
- Details of the Senate Committee agenda
- Introductory presentation to the Senate Committee
- Video recording of the Senate Committee session
The presentation to the Senate Committee extensively on the research being conducted through the Canadian Rural Revitalization Foundation, Rural Development Institute, and the Rural Policy Learning Commons. Key reports that were highlighted in the Senate presentation include:
- The State of Rural Canada
- Uncertain Foundations: Infrastructure in Rural Canada
- Policies and Policy Strategies for Addressing the Infrastructure Gap